Transport Swab with Amies Charcoal Medium
Transport swab with Amies charcoal Medium comes sterile with a single swab in tube and peel pouch. Polystyrene shaft with a single plastic shaft with Amies charcoal medium and Viscose bud tip.
All clinical Transport swabs with Amies charcoal medium/media comply with the CLSI standard M40-A (for the Quality Control of Microbiology Specimen Transport Devices). This range is CE Marked, complies with the European Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC and has a 2 year shelf life.
Recommended for general clinical swabbing of fastidious, non-fastidious and anaerobic microorganisms, including throat, vaginal and wound samples Wound, skin, urogenital and throat.
This media assures the viability of organisms such as:
Some microorganisms can resist on the media for up to 3 days, although the recovery of microorganisms is better if cultured in the ﬁrst 24 hours. Amies transport swabs are available with or without charcoal.
Suitable for Gram-positive, Gram-negative, anaerobes, GUM, ENT, wounds, microaerophillic, viruses/PCR.
- Amies charcoal medium for recovery of aerobes, anaerobes and fastidious organisms.
- Low bio burden.
- Viscose is a semi-synthetic material, where the starting component is wood pulp. Ideal for general purpose transport devices. Tips preserve the sample longer (no fatty acids).
- Approximate length: 150mm / 6 inches
- Approximate tip diameter: 5mm
- Transport at ambient or refrigerated temperatures.
- Open weave rayon bud for optimum release and improved sensitivity in diagnostic tests.
- Best for gram stains.
Larger or regular ordering please contact us to open a trade account to receive discounted pricing